Yancey College Football Experts Club Game
2017 OFFICIAL GAME RULES
NO PURCHASE, CONTRIBUTION OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Game is open only to individuals who, as of the beginning of the Registration Period (as defined below), (a) are legally residing, for purposes of all applicable state and federal tax laws, in the state of Georgia ("Eligibility Area"), (b) are eighteen (18) years of age or older and have reached the age of majority in the state of residence, and (c) are current and active clients, vendors, prospects or trade partners of Yancey Bros. Co. (“Sponsor”)The Game is VOID outside of the Eligibility Area and where otherwise taxed, prohibited or restricted. Except as otherwise expressly set forth in this Section 2, employees and directors of Athlon Sports Communications, Inc. (“Athlon”) and Sponsor, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents, the immediate families of such persons (defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent or grandparent or so-called “step” or “half’ variations of any of the preceding individuals), and those living in their same households, are ineligible to play, win or collect prizes in the Game. Only individuals meeting all eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules, who validly and properly register for the Game as set out in paragraph 3 below, may participate in the Game or win a prize (“Players”). Notwithstanding the preceding Eligibility restrictions, certain employees of Sponsor and the family members of such persons, as designated by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, may participate in the Game, but are not Players for purposes of these Official Rules, are not eligible to win a prize, and may not collect or win a prize. One entry per person or email address. Additional entries from any individual using different email addresses will be disqualified and destroyed. Each Player is required to indicate his/her acceptance to the Official Rules where indicated; provided, however, that any Player’s Registration or participation in the Game constitutes and is deemed such Player’s full and unconditional agreement to the Official Rules and any and all decisions of Sponsor, Athlon and any third-party judges, which are final and binding in all respects. Players agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Game and/or these Official Rules. Eligibility also is subject to policies of participants’ employers concerning the acceptance of incentive benefits, and by participating in this Game, each individual participant warrants that he/she is eligible to participate under his/her employer’s policies.
3. HOW TO REGISTER: At any
time between 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time on August 15, 2017 and the Round
Entry Deadline (as defined below) on December 2, 2017 (the “Registration
Period”), each Player must visit www.yancey.collegeexpertsclub.
4. HOW TO PLAY/ACCRUE POINTS & WIN PRIZES: The Game will consist of fourteen (14) rounds of play (“Rounds”) in which Players will have the opportunity to predict winning teams and scores from a list of college football games that are provided for each Round. To play the Game, at any time prior to the expiration of the Round Entry Deadline (as defined below), Player will log-in to the Site and fully complete one (1) entry for such Round (“Round Entry”) by (i) selecting the team that Player thinks will win each football game matchup listed (each, a “Predicted Team”), and (ii) predicting the actual combined final point score total (the “Predicted Score”) for the football game designated for such purpose (the “Bonus Game”) provided, however, that Players submitting Round Entries after the commencement of any Round will only have the opportunity to select Predicted Teams and/or the Predicted Score for the listed football games that remain completely “un-played” as of the time of such Player’s submission of his/her Round Entry (“Eligible Game[s]”). All Round Entries must be submitted electronically prior to the final official scheduled “start” or “kick-off” time for the Eligible Game(s) that are scheduled last-in-time for the applicable Round (the “Round Entry Deadline”). The clock on Athlon’s database server shall be the official timekeeper for this Game. In connection with a Round Entry, Player will receive one hundred (100) points for each Predicted Team designated in Player’s Round Entry that matches an actual winning team from the Eligible Games (a “Winning Team”), and, in the event that Player selected the correct Winning Team for the Bonus Game, Player will receive an additional one hundred (100) points. All Players who enter a Predicted Score for the Bonus Game will receive additional bonus points in an amount equal to one hundred (100) less the “Point Difference.” For purposes of these Official Rules, the “Point Difference” is defined as the numerical difference between Player’s Predicted Score and the actual combined final point total for the applicable Bonus Game (the “Actual Score”). In the event that any Player that has previously participated in any Round or Rounds submits his/her Round Entry after the commencement of a Round, or otherwise fails to submit a Round Entry before the expiration of a Round Entry Deadline, such Player will be assigned “automatic predictions” (“Auto-Picks”) for the applicable Round’s listed football games for which Player is unable to submit his/her predictions. For purposes of the Game, each Auto-Pick will select the visiting team as the Predicted Team for the applicable scheduled games, with the exception of Bonus Games. There are no Auto-Picks for Bonus Games or Bonus Points awarded for Auto-Pick games. Each Player will be assigned Auto-Picks for a maximum of three (3) Rounds during the Game. For purposes of the Game, Player’s cumulative number of points awarded during each Round shall be deemed such Player’s “Total Round Score,” and the cumulative sum of all of a Player’s Total Round Scores shall be deemed such Player’s “Total Game Score.” Players may submit only one (1) Round Entry for each Round. Additional Round Entries from any individual, using different e-mail addresses or any other system of multiple entries, will be disqualified. Lost, late, illegible, incomplete or misdirected Round Entries are not eligible.
If offered, Players may also accrue additional points by answering a bonus questions provided at the time of entry (“Bonus Questions”). Player will receive one hundred (100) points (“Bonus Points”) for each correctly answered Bonus Question, which Bonus Points shall be added to the Player’s Total Game Score. Players are encouraged to use http://www.yanceybros.com to find the correct Bonus Question answers.
Determining Winners: The Game will have one (1) winner per Round and one (1) overall Grand Prize winner (each, a “Winner”). Subject to these Official Rules, the individual Player with the highest Total Round Score in a Round will be the First Place Round Winner for the applicable Round (the “First Place Round Winner”). Subject to these Official Rules, the individual Player with the highest Total Game Score upon the conclusion of the Game, as set forth in these Official Rules, will be the First Place Grand Prize Winner (the “First Place Grand Prize Winner”). Round Tie-Breaking Procedure: (a) In the event of a tie between Players at the end of any Round, the Round Winner will be that Player whose Predicted Score for such Round is closest to the applicable Actual Score; and (b) If such Players remain tied after the Predicted Score tie-breaking procedure (as would be the case with identical entries), the Round Winner will be that Player demonstrating superior knowledge and confidence by submitting his/her Round Entry at the earliest time, based on the actual documented time of Player’s Round Entry as reflected in the Athlon database server. Any Player who does not submit a Round Entry for a particular Round will not be eligible to win prizes for that Round, regardless of whether Player was assigned any Auto-Picks. Grand Prize Tie-Breaking Procedure: (a) In the event of a tie between Players at the end of the Game, the applicable Grand Prize Winner between such tied Players will be that Player whose Predicted Scores for each Bonus Game is closest to the Actual Scores of such Bonus Game for the greatest number of Bonus Games (based on all Rounds); and (b) If such Players remain tied after the Predicted Score tie-breaking procedure (as would be the case with identical entries), the applicable Grand Prize Winner will be that Player demonstrating superior knowledge and confidence by submitting his/her Round Entries at the earliest time, as between the tied Players and based on the actual documented time of Player’s entry as reflected in the Athlon database server, for the greatest number of Rounds. Athlon and Sponsor reserve the right to award equal prizes to any tied Players as long as the sum total of all prizes awarded is equal to the approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize designated for that prize.
Flat Screen TV
ROUND PRIZE PRIZE DESCRIPTION ARV
1 - 14
Yancey Rents Gift Card
All gift certificates and/or gift cards awarded pursuant to this Game shall be subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable certificates and cards, and the laws and regulations of the Winner’s jurisdiction of residence.
5. ABILITY TO WIN; ODDS: The Game is a game of skill. Each Player’s ability to win depends solely on (1) his/her knowledge of the game of football and college football history; (2) his/her knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses and both historical and recent performance of competing college football players and teams;(3) his/her skill and ability to apply his/her knowledge of the above in accurately identifying which college football teams will win when placed in specific competition with other college football teams during a particular time in the college football season;(4) his/her skill in assessing an individual football player’s effectiveness in a specific game and statistically analyze and predict with accuracy the total number of combined yards, passes and touchdowns likely to be earned by football players in any given game; (5) his/her skill in assessing an individual football team’s effectiveness in a specific game and statistically analyze and predict with some accuracy the total number of combined yards, passes and touchdowns likely to be earned by all football players on a team in a specific game against another team; and, (6) the number of eligible Players competing in the Game. The odds of winning any prize depends upon a Player’s selections, and the total number of participating Players and number of valid and eligible entries received.
6. PRIZE AWARDING: Upon confirmation of eligibility and execution of requested eligibility and release documents, where legal, Winners will be awarded the prizes described in paragraph 4 above. All prizes will be awarded, if claimed. Prizes may not be combined with any other offer. Winners will be responsible for any and all federal, state, and local taxes incurred in winning and accepting any prizes and all other expenses incurred in winning and accepting the prizes. Dollar amounts are expressed in U.S. currency. Winners may receive an IRS 1099 form reporting the value of their prize. All gift certificates and/or gift cards awarded pursuant to this Game shall be subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable certificates and cards, and the laws and regulations of the Winner’s jurisdiction of residence. By accepting a prize, Winners waive the right to assert as a cost of winning their prize, any and all costs of redemption or travel to redeem the prize. It is the responsibility of Winner to make all necessary arrangements to redeem the prize, including any costs of travel, unless Sponsor otherwise agrees to deliver prize to Winner following identification of Winner and confirmation of eligibility. Any stated ARVs of prizes represent Athlon’s good-faith determination of the value of the prize, which estimation includes a calculation of the retail value plus any applicable service fees, costs, premiums or other additional amounts incurred by Athlon in connection with the procurement and/or awarding of the applicable prize. All Winners will be initially identified, subject to eligibility, no later than on or about seven (7) business days following the date of the last game of the last Round (“Effective Date”), by Athlon or its agent, the judge of the Game, whose decisions are final and binding. Winners will be notified by overnight mail and/or email, at Athlon’s discretion, on or about fourteen (14) business days following the Effective Date (“Notification”) and must respond to the Notification within ten (10) days of the date sent or his/her prize may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Neither Sponsor nor Athlon are responsible for any change in an participant’s mailing address, email address and/or telephone number. Winners must provide positive identification in such form as is specified by Sponsor and/or Athlon to claim a prize. Return of any Notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification of Player and selection of an alternate Winner, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winning and claiming a prize is contingent upon Winner’s provision of all information requested by Sponsor, in the Notification or otherwise, subject to applicable law, and upon Winner eligibility, validation and verification, as determined by Sponsor and/or Athlon. All prizes must be redeemed by each Winner no later than thirty (30) days following Athlon’s confirmation of Notification. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Player or Winner, the individual who was, at the time of Registration, as determined by Athlon, the documented registered holder of the email account used in connection with Registration for the Game will be deemed the eligible Player or Winner, as applicable. It is the sole responsibility of the Player to notify Sponsor or Athlon during the Game Period if his/her email address or any other contact information changes. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. In no event will more prizes be awarded than those listed above in paragraph 4. Sponsor and Athlon reserve the right to substitute any prize with either the cash value of such prize or a prize or prizes of equal or greater value, in the event any stated prize becomes unavailable. If the initially selected Winner cannot be contacted within the specified time period, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize, or if the prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. For purposes of this Game, the alternate winner, if necessary, will be the Player with the next highest score immediately following that of the disqualified Player, as determined by and set forth in these Official Rules. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Athlon, Sponsor, and their respective designees to use of Winner’s name, likeness, statements, voice, opinions, biographical information and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without notice, further payment, consideration, credit, or right of approval or review (except where void or prohibited by law). Winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and return it within ten (10) days of Athlon’s and/or Sponsor’s request (except where void or prohibited by law).
7. TERMINATION OR DISQUALIFICATION:
To cancel any Player’s participation in the Game, Player must send an email
9. PLAYER, GAME AND SITE INFORMATION AND
CONTENT: Any information provided to Athlon and Sponsor by
a Player in connection with Registration or otherwise, including Players’
names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses shall be subject
purposes of conducting the Game, to provide future promotional information of
interest and as may otherwise be specified in these Official Rules. To view the
10. GENERAL INFORMATION: Athlon reserves the right to modify the Official Rules at any time for the purposes of clarifying and effectuating how the Game should be played, how the Game will be scored, how Winners are determined, how tie-breaking procedures are applied, how unanticipated ties are resolved, and what prizes will be awarded. Any changes to the Official Rules will be reasonably made with the intention of not materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Game. In the event of inadvertent computer or operator error, the illegal or inappropriate activity of any Player or unrelated third party, the unanticipated application, failure or effect of Game mechanisms of play or individual components, software or hardware, any change in law, or force majeure events affecting the schedule(s) of registration, the accrual or calculation of points, Player entry, Rounds or entry deadlines, the determination or notification of Winners, the application of tie-breaking procedures, or the awarding of prizes, Athlon reserves the right to modify, revise, add-to, nullify or utilize only in part the stated timing, commencement or termination of any round, period, series, field, entry or game period or schedule and/or, in its sole discretion, to implement substitute rounds, periods, series, fields, entry or game periods or schedules, or portions thereof, solely for purposes of conducting the Game in a fair and reasonable manner and determining Winners on an equal basis and without unfairly disqualifying otherwise eligible Players from winning prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Any and all disputes in connection with the Game will be resolved exclusively in the appropriate courts in Nashville, Tennessee. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Tennessee and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Tennessee. Each Player waives any and all objections to jurisdiction and venue and hereby submits to the jurisdiction of those courts. Any and all lawsuits or other disputes that arise relating to the Game must be filed within one (1) year of the last day of the Game Period. The failure of Athlon or Sponsor to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any part of the Official Rules is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, that part will be enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law and the remainder of the Official Rules will remain fully in force.
11. RULES AND WINNERS: To obtain another copy of the Official Rules or to obtain the names of the Winners, send a stamped self-addressed envelope (residents of Vermont may omit postage) to Athlon Media Group, 2451 Atrium Way, Suite 320, Nashville, Tennessee 37214 ATTN: Yancey College Football Experts Club Game.
Sponsor: Yancey Bros. Co., 330 Lee Industrial Blvd, Austell, GA 30168.
Produced and Administered By: Athlon Media Group, 2451 Atrium Way, Suite 320, Nashville, Tennessee 37214. © 2017 Athlon Media Group. All rights reserved.